• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator 10k competition any good?

I thought you might be running some paydirt you picked up in Alaska through a slucebox looking for nuggets.
I was in the hardware store last week and one of the locals showed me a nugget about 1 1/2 by 2 inches that he found in Mariposa creek.
There are lots of guys around here that hobby pan for gold.

Jeff

I thought you might be running some paydirt you picked up in Alaska through a slucebox looking for nuggets.
I was in the hardware store last week and one of the locals showed me a nugget about 1 1/2 by 2 inches that he found in Mariposa creek.
There are lots of guys around here that hobby pan for gold.

Jeff

Saving for a Golden Rod GR45
DA00D14D-0821-497D-949A-DCEFA400CB3A.jpeg

The originals are the better ones. I bought two bad to the bone antennas and they have an extra two windings in the coil so now it tunes with the stinger length super short. Bringing the total antenna height down to like 50" vs the original which was 69" if i remember correctly. And it doesn't tune as flat as the original. Oh well, more money in the garbage, literally, i threw them away.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioShockwav
The originals are the better ones. I bought two bad to the bone antennas and they have an extra two windings in the coil so now it tunes with the stinger length super short. Bringing the total antenna height down to like 50" vs the original which was 69" if i remember correctly. And it doesn't tune as flat as the original. Oh well, more money in the garbage, literally.

The original predator 10k single coil with a 27 inch shaft is about the best center loaded open coil antenna I have ever used.
I don't understand why he went with that comp coil, just stick with what works.
( I was going to go down a rabbit hole but I decided not to)

Generally, he used to stand behind his antennas very well, if you are not happy, his phone number used to be on the label of the antenna.
Might be worth a phone call.

Jeff

Saving for a Golden Rod GR45
View attachment 47063
Keep saving...for something else tho!:D

I have a Lightning Golden Rod...took a while to figure out the tuning on it...It did tune good, but you really have to watch where you drive with one...and keep a eye on your meter to see if the tuning changes much after driving around...Mine is hanging in the shed right next to my collection of other POS antennas gathering dust

I used to run a ss whip on my trucks for years, until I bought the Predator 10k single coil 27" shaft, and mounted it on the back side of the tool box in my F-150, had the coil 8" above the cab, never looked back after that lol...

Reactions: jessejamesdallas
Good antennas - as far as performance there isn't a huge difference between the 10K, MM and others. It's really more about build quality between them and tuning. A Sirio 5000 does just about as good as a 10K which does just about as good as a 102" whip. I did a lot of testing and yes there is some small performance gain but it is tiny in my opinion.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated