• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Andrew J. will not receive on channels 1-6?

Cityboy

Dec 25, 2008
I have a used President Andrew J. that is great shape in all other aspects except that it will not receive on channels 1-6; but it will transmitt on all 40 and receive on channels 7-40. I would love to get this radio functioning properly. The board number is a PC-417 and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This is just a President 25GTL.

This would be a good start:

If you have a volt meter you need to set the radio to Channel 40 receive, find test point 2 and attach the meter between TP2 and ground. Carefully adjust L15 until you see 3 volts at TP2. When the radio is keyed the voltage at TP2 should jump up to 5 volts.

A frequency counter and scope would be ideal for a full alignment of the synthesizer section.

Jim

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.