• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"President" antenna

743SEPA

Sep 19, 2018
Etown,Pa.
Bought a President Maryland mobile antenna to go along with my new Lincoln II. Not real impressed with the quality for the price. I like the tuning rings but the base load feels like cheap plastic. President is just the sticker they put on it,no idea who actually makes it. I don't like the fact there's no wrench flats and you can only put on hand tight,hopefully not crushing the plastic base in the process.

It almost looks like a Sirio antenna except for the running rings. Let us know performance of this antenna.

Any more insight to the Maryland?

At just shy of 5’ and having the same SWR tuning rings of the shorter Iowa it looks to full BIG shoes at that optimum (minimal) height.

Lotsa contenders, right there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.