• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

president grant low am modulation and power after reconnecting r130 and r131

swanny

Apr 26, 2009
I got a president grant with a 8719. r130 and 131 were cut, so I resoldered them, but now I have low ouput power and modulation on am. Ssb is fine. What do I need to do to remedy this?

audio was good on both am and ssb with the resistors cut with a turner +2 mic and a cobra xl350 through an old super magnum 1/2 wave. I adjusted the mic gain on am and ssb by listening on headphones through a 148 with rf gain down and no antenna. Both seemed clear with am liking more mic gain. So if I plan on running power, does r131 need to be intact or is this an acceptable mod to leave alone?

audio was good on both am and ssb with the resistors cut with a turner +2 mic and a cobra xl350 through an old super magnum 1/2 wave. I adjusted the mic gain on am and ssb by listening on headphones through a 148 with rf gain down and no antenna. Both seemed clear with am liking more mic gain. So if I plan on running power, does r131 need to be intact or is this an acceptable mod to leave alone?

If the radio sounded fine with the resistors cut and low audio with the resistors soldered back in?????? Well DUHHH....cut them out and enjoy the radio. Do not cut TR24 or the SSB will be maxxed out and you don't want that.

TR24 is fine. I recut the resistors lol. Doesn't seem to be bleeding so I'll try this out for awhile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.