• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant need info

markandjere

Only here to learn
Jun 30, 2008
Franklin County ,PA
Picked up this radio recently. It was cheap enough forme to take a chance on it. I was looking for any information on it.

Attachments

• 000_8483.jpg
    000_8483.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 000_8486.jpg
    000_8486.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 22
  • president grant 5.jpg
    president grant 5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 10

DX Grant. The first export radio that I am aware of. It and the President Jackson came out in the mid to late 80's. One of the best in my opinion. I have had one since they first came out and have not found anything (including current radios) that will compete with it. Properly tuned it is loud on transmit and recieve is great! Only 40+/- but most antennas don't tune much further than that.
If it has not been hacked you will enjoy it.

I will probably have to take it somewhere to get it looked over.It does transmit and recieve O.K. but I would like to get it back to where it should be . I see that it has a shop sticker on it (Wescott or something like that). So it probably was opened up at some point. You can see the sticker in the picture of the front of the radio.

Walcott cb is the name on the sticker ,I see they have a website.

Yah ! A real CB radio !! Back in the day these were some Hot Potatos !! they would sell out left and right very quickly from whomever had them. Very decent indeed. 1 x 2166 driven 2 x 2312 (y) I'd guess 1983 on that one by serial number. Very simlar to the old 148 DX but this baby does more.

I think your making a very good choice on taking it to a reputable radio dude. hell ! your in PA. there's a handful of them out your way. Wow !! I like it !! Good luck to you and let us know how it all works out for you.

That radios is like donuts and beer to ole Homer. (y) Nice catch .

I don't want to stir up trouble here but I was going to ask if anyone had any recommendations for a shop in the general area. I was considering a certain shop in the Carlisle area. I would like to get it checked out and make it right again,make it a good radio again.

Last edited:
yeah DTB is probably the best choice if youre in that area....i can recommend a dude here in reading but personally id take it to DTB

scott

OK now what?

I visited a local shop (reputable) and told him I wanted checked out and put back to where it should be . He offered me twice what I paid for it right away so that kinda reassured me that it was worth something.After he opened it up he said it was still in pretty good condition for it's age . He made it right and now I wanted to ask some opinions(I know it will be a can of worms) on what should or could be done to the radio to get some really nice performance out of it-or should I just leave it as is.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.