• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President HR2510 audio mods

350GA

Oct 14, 2018
Good afternoon everyone!

I've been looking at the schematic for my President HR2510's off and on for a few weeks now, trying to figure out what capacitors I need to change to open up the transmit and receive audio. It's too damn easy to get lost in this maze of a schematic. Lol

I thought I'd post here and see if anyone has done it or knows where to start on widening up an HR2510? I've got two, one stock and one with a Chipswitch that I'd LOVE to at minimum have a wider audio response on receive with my KLH external speakers. It would be nice to run some processing through it for some wider transmit audio too.

I know some of the HRxx purists will probably have a stroke seeing this post, but I believe it would make an already fantastic radio even better.

Any help is much appreciated! 73's!

Per Goldfinger
Receive:

Change C35 to a .001uf ceramic disc or mylar
Change C31, C36, C105, C107 , C102 to 2.2uF, 50 volt non-polarized electrolytic.
Change C34 to a 22uF, 16 volt electrolytic. (observe polarity)
Change C109 to a 2.2uF, 16 volt tantalum or electrolytic. (observe polarity)
Change C95 to a 1000uF, 25 volt electrolytic. (observe polarity)

Transmit:

Change C63 and C148 to a 1uF, 16 volt tantalum, observe polarity. (More bass? use a 2.2uF tantalum)
Change C147 to a 1uF 50 volt mylar. (More bass? use a 2.2uF mylar)
(Remember you can always use higher voltage cap ratings, never lower.)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.