• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln 2 plus VFO

CBerg

Jul 29, 2018
I have a Lincoln 2 Plus that has been sitting for about a year on the shelf. It has the 11 meter conversion done. I never noticed it before I shelved it but I seem to remember the rotary channel selector could either be a straight channel selector or VFO with out having to use VFO on the 3rd digit and have to deal with the in between freq on some channels like 15 and 19.
The weird part that I know is a new problem is if I switch bands the channel displays 99. If you hit Chan up/dn arrows the freq changes on the counter but chan still displays 99. If you turn the rotary the band goes to F and displays the correct channel. Now if I want to go back to band A I have to select the 3rd digit and VFO all of the way back to band A then use the arrows to change channels normally. If i touch the rotary the whole process starts over. If I turn the radio off and back on it goes back to band F and shows chan 99. I have done a full reset several times, pulled the 1k mod resistor out, put in a new one and re entered the cb password with no luck.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Mine ended up doing that a few years ago, Has something to do with the CB programming. Doing a full reset puts radio back to normal operation, but once CB is enabled through password entry, it starts it's channel 99 at power on or band change.
I have no solution either.

Up and Down button function can be set to either Channel or Frequency function through menu, and pressing the rotory selector will cycle the span, indicated by a line under digits of the frequency display.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.