• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln 2+ v3 Adjustment Location Indentification?

skiman1

Aug 28, 2014
Is there a list of the what the President Lincoln 2+ v3 adjustment locations do?

Looking to boost the SSB watts, adjust the AM watts both high and low and peak the modulation. I did a couple of Google searches and figured it would come right up but nothing. Thanks!

Thanks, I saw, I just needed a little clarification on the what the labels meant, figured it out though.

Is there a list of the what the President Lincoln 2+ v3 adjustment locations do?

Looking to boost the SSB watts, adjust the AM watts both high and low and peak the modulation.

Don't. You put components under stress they weren't designed for all to gain at best a single S point if you actually manage to double the output power. Much better to get a linear amp.

Don't. You put components under stress they weren't designed for all to gain at best a single S point if you actually manage to double the output power. Much better to get a linear amp.

I am, using a DX-500v and wanted to drive it with 30w pep am and 40w pep SSB, works like a charm. Didn't max it out or remove the limiter, sounds good and doesn't even get warm.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That’s what I use my Lincoln with...but I’m happy with 12-14 watts SSB input.

Just looking at a wattmeter I don’t think doubling my drive would make a lick of difference on the receiving end.

I know about the whole quadrupling the power for gaining an S-unit reasoning, and for AM, totally agree, not worth it but it will help you cut through on SSB when things get rough, and the nice part is you can always turn it down. I also use as a grab and go for the car when the mood strikes, and with it doing 30-40w, I need nothing else, plug into the lighter and go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
The president ronald has dual mosfets and does 50 wats right out of the box and says so o n the box so why does the lincoln so restricted and also has dual mosfets ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.