• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln 2 V3 Swing Mod

Thanks for your advice, I will take it under consideration.
I mean if you dont like what people on here do to thier radios or what they say, then scroll on. 99% of cbers don't like weak 50% modulation weak swinging radios. If you are not loud, proud, mean and loud, you'll get buried....It's just how it is ..... Sorry if that pisses you off.

My $.02 is when I adjusted modulation for both AM and SSB to where it should I could be heard a lot better. I have made more contacts than ever. Funny that my McKinley was adjusted low from factory too.

Reactions: Slowmover
My $.02 is when I adjusted modulation for both AM and SSB to where it should I could be heard a lot better. I have made more contacts than ever. Funny that my McKinley was adjusted low from factory too.
I had a president Richard that was a turd straight of the box. Found out hot to get in the service menu to turn up the mod and it just wasn't a talker. Nice features and great receive but it just wasn't for me. After a couple of months in the truck I had to part ways with it.

Reactions: Slowmover
I had a president Richard that was a turd straight of the box. Found out hot to get in the service menu to turn up the mod and it just wasn't a talker. Nice features and great receive but it just wasn't for me. After a couple of months in the truck I had to part ways with it.
Yeah a local here had one and it sounded like shit. He had me try to tune it and it was a turd. He ended up buying a cobra 29.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Just how cb is these days. Guess if you dont like it then go ham and listen to the old farts bitch about life. Not my cup of tea.
CB had not changed since I was involved with it 30 years ago. It's all an EGO trip to see who can be louder than the others. Yeah I will agree there are a lot of farts on the ham bands talking about their pills and broken hips but there are also people who know how to run a radio correctly, there are guys on 160m running old AM broadcast transmitters that will have audio that will put 99% of the cb 's to shame. Their signals are clean, loud and nice to listen to. I have an old Gates AM transmitter that I hope someday to get setup and running. You should hear Joe Walsh, yes that Joe Walsh, fire up his AM gear to hear a really good signal.

I don't get pissed off at what cb'ers do it's I just don't see the point, when I was on 11m I played the AM game for a while but got so tired of hearing the crappy radios being driven past distortion that I went full SSB and never looked back.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated