• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln CPU board part question

Unit 67

Jul 12, 2009
Hi to all;I bought a President Lincoln radio without the IC313 in the CPU PLL board.I have two more President Lincoln radios but in this type of radio the CPU board does not have the IC313 part.The original board number is:pB121AA.This type of board came from the factory with the UC117 CPU instead of the regular UC-1250 CPU.I just need to know the IC313 part number and Many Thanks Anticipated.

Hi to all;I bought a President Lincoln radio without the IC313 in the CPU PLL board.I have two more President Lincoln radios but in this type of radio the CPU board does not have the IC313 part.The original board number is:pB121AA.This type of board came from the factory with the UC117 CPU instead of the regular UC-1250 CPU.I just need to know the IC313 part number and Many Thanks Anticipated.

Don't have time to answer you tonight sorry but let me point you to this.
Index of /radios/uniden/hr_2510/graphics

Should have about all you would need I hope.

Many Thanks for your help but the schematic of the CPU PLL board in this link does not have the same circiut of my radio board.

If you look at the schematic diagram of the HR 2600 ( not a Lincoln) radio, you will find that IC 313 is the tone encoder for the CTCSS feature, there would have been a set of dip switches mounted next to it (tone frequency selector switch Part number S301) that is used to select the PL tones used to open repeaters on ten meters.
There would also need to be a crystal mounted near it cut for 3.9754 MHz ( part number x303)
These where not used on the Lincoln models.
Are you sure the parts where ever there to start with?
Also could it be that it is a Uniden 2830 that some one has changed the face plate on ?

Jeff

Look here, and see if it more closely matches your radio.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/uniden/hr_2600/graphics/uniden_hr2600_sm_cpu_pcb_top_pg58.pdf
This Is PB 144AA ( not PB121AA as used in the HR2510/Lincoln radios)
This CPU board show`s IC 313 and the related parts of the on board tone encoder.
It may be possible that some one has put a HR2600 CPU board into a Lincoln chassis , and then removed the tone encoder IC....I do not know why...maybe the encoder chip was defective and they meant to replace it at some later time?
If it helps, the original uniden part number is:
IC 313==== BDEY1510001====integrated circuit====S7116A

Part Specification
S7116A
DTMF Circuit - 57 Tone Out,Pseudo-sine Wave by 5bit D/A
Seiko Instruments, Inc.
DTMF
Nom. Supp (V)=5.0
Package=DIP
Pins=14
This part is also used in other radios, such as the Kenwood TU-7 Tone Board.

I do not know if a Board out of a 2600 will properly work in a Lincoln, that is something I have never tried to do.
Is the Radio working?

Jeff

Many Thanks at everybody but my radio does not have the Tone option but i founded the original part number because i founded at the original owner of the radio and he giving to me the old part.The IC313 part number is:M4538BP.The CPU PLL board is the original of the radio.I did the search in the all internet and i never found any diagram of the CPU PLL board with the IC313.I have two more President Lincoln radios but without the IC313 part into the CPU board.I did a search for the replacement part number and this is the replacement part number: NTE4538B.

And Many Thanks at everybody again for the help.

73... Unit 67

I have schematics here that do not match what you have described, and I am wondering if it is a very old Lincoln that was built when they were coming from President Electronics of Belgium.

Please let us know how this works out, now I am very curious about this radio, and would love to be able to document the CPU and Main board.
Any chance you can take pictures of the CPU Board, and the Radio Main Board?
I would appreciate having a chance to see it.
Thank you, and good luck with the repair!

Jeff

Hi there, I know this is a old thread, but I have come across the same problem with a Uniden 2830 that I has just bought as a spares or repair unit, did anyone find any alignment data for the Uniden with the PB-121AA PLL/Processor board, or even better a service manual, even Uniden are unable to help me with this one!!, many thanks in advance, Karl, M0KRL.

did anyone find any alignment data for the Uniden with the PB-121AA PLL/Processor board,

Not that I know of, the member who started the thread never did post an outcome to the problem.
Can you take a couple of pictures of the Main board, and The small board that has the CPU mounted to it?
I would like to have a look at it.

Jeff

No problem Jeff, I will back in the workshop later this evening, but my initial observations are that the key differences are in the way the RIT links to the 10.240 reference crystal, the crystal links directly to the PLL chip, and the RIT voltage is applied to one side of the crystal, via a couple of resistors, a varicap and a smd cap, the other side is connected by a small trim cap to ground, if I get time I will try and draw out the schematic, but i will post the pictures later today, one other key difference is the ommision of L315, which in the 2510 varient is the primary adjustment point!! As I said initialy, I bought it as a spares or repair project, with the intention when repaired to add a small transverter board to operate multimode on 70Mhz (4Mtr)
I have found plenty of information about the HR2510/HR2600 models which appear to have the same main board, this is the main problem when a company sells designs to other companies for them to tweak and rebadge the units, I think the Uniden 2830 was the origional design, but no information is avaliable online so any help is greatly appreciated,

Karl, M0KRL

Uniden 2830

Photos as promised, Hope they can help...

DSC_2554.JPG[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Processor Board.JPG
    Processor Board.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 42

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.