• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln II Plus blown finals and regulator

aeromojito

May 26, 2021
I have a Lincoln 2 plus with blown final MOSFETS. After replacing the finals, the RF Power knob has no effect. The AM carrier is close to 50 Watts. I believe Q55, a series pass transistor that feeds the finals is shorted. Is this something that happens often?

Just happened to me too, the relay of my amplifier did not work properly and sent back RF and puff both MOSFET blown, no more modulating except SSB and FM, no power at all. What can I use for the replacement MOSFET and q55?

What is the type of voltage regulator is a good upgrade to ?
You do not need to up grade it it is fine as it is. The problem is the mosfet finals. This is not a 1990's design were the voltage regulator was barley up to requirements. In this case the voltage regulator was taken out when the mosfet finals failed. Nothing to due witht he voltage regulator not being up to scratch. Save the voltage regulator upgrade for old Connex, Galaxys, RCI2950's and such from the 1980's and 1990's and such!

I know it is hard to break old ways of thinking.

You do not need to up grade it it is fine as it is. The problem is the mosfet finals. This is not a 1990's design were the voltage regulator was barley up to requirements. In this case the voltage regulator was taken out when the mosfet finals failed. Nothing to due witht he voltage regulator not being up to scratch. Save the voltage regulator upgrade for old Connex, Galaxys, RCI2950's and such from the 1980's and 1990's and such!

I know it is hard to break old ways of thinking thats true

I have replaced the MOSFETs and the TIP36C, but the Q55 burns again. It may be necessary to adjust W7 and W9 ?

My Lincoln 2 plus v4 now has a problem. power all the way up on the power knob is 1 watt swinging to 2 watts. if I lower it to 1-watt swings to 15 watts.
Blown final?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.