• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln ll

Groundhog KSS-2012

Sep 8, 2019
Hey all. Can the new President Lincoln ll be modified to work on 11 meters as well as 10 and 12 meters?
And, does anyone on here have/use one and if so, what are your thoughts on the radio?
How does it perform on the different bands?
Does it drift on SSB?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I may have the answer already. Seems the majority of people here like/use the Anytones more than the Lincoln's. I may have to look into those also.

• Wow
Reactions: Rwb
Hey all. Can the new President Lincoln ll be modified to work on 11 meters as well as 10 and 12 meters?
And, does anyone on here have/use one and if so, what are your thoughts on the radio?
How does it perform on the different bands?
Does it drift on SSB?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Yes they will do 11 meters, I had one of the very first ones, the Lincoln II not the II+
The + model has the improvements that came about as they fixed problems with the version 1.
The version 1 was solid on SSB transmit, but the receive was prone to severe overload.
Severe overload, garbled on strong signals.
Just make sure you get the + model, not a older II.
I now have a CRT SS9900V4 that is
based on the 6666 with 12 meters and the tone board included.
Works well.
I have several friends running the 6666 and they are happy with the radio.
Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.