• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President McKinley USA Adjustments

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Anybody have a picture of the frequency adjustments for this radio and not the EU model. When I received this radio new out of the box it was crap and off freq. I had President send it to their repair shop and it is better but still not 100%. Their tech must have done it in a hurry because Nobody comes in clear with the clarifier set on center and people say I sound distorted. I want to make freq. adjustments when skip is rolling with the clarifier set on dead center. I don't want to spend a fortune shipping this piece of junk all over the place because I already paid to ship it once. I'll either adjust it or scrap it with a BFH ! LOL And yes I did the Microphone mod posted in here and set the modulation, but that has nothing to do with receive.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info,I was looking at the service manual on my other computer and alignment looks like it takes more equipment than I have plus more experience to do it right. I might have to calm down and talk to President Electronics again. I'm sure I just got unlucky but dealing with a suspicious company is enough to anger anyone as they try to lay the blame else where.

Hope this helps

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.