• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President mckinley

I just bought a Anytone AT666 and was wondering about the mic . it sounds good with the stock mic so unless you just want to buy one I would wait to see how the mic sounds. just my thoughts on the question you asked.

The stock mic is great. Keep in mind below 32' F the mic may go up a channel when you press the ptt button.

I ended up using an Astatic mic rewired for the McKinley. Solved the issue, just lost the up/down option on the factory mic..

c8Icj2C.jpg

spt4cpi.jpg

Just installed mine about two weeks ago...Stock Mic is great! Not like a stock Mic you may get on a New Cobra 29 or something...These are not bad at all...Also, any 6 pin Uniden Mic will work with the radio including the wireless Mic Uniden has out.

I also have a 6-pin to 4-pin adapter that I use so I can use my 4-pin RF Limited 2018 Mic with the radio...It doesn't have the up & down buttons on it, but other than that, it works fine with the radio...

IF your not having the radio P&T from where-ever your buying it, you need to open the thing up and open up the Modulation pot...CB Magazine has a video on youtube showing you where the pot is at...The SSB pot will also need adjusting to get up to 12w's.

watch this video, he shows you everything you need to know about the McKinley...the video is what made me decide to pull the trigger and get this radio.

Nope just bought it new in box I might try my kl 203 with it. Thanks JJD for telling me about the modulation:D:D:D
Yep I have mine hooked to a 1x2 and see right at 400w peak...before I adjusted the modulation pot it was only at about 290w and my locals said it had low modulation...from the factory it was only set at about 65-70% modularion...and SSB was only at around 6w...

The tuning pots are extremely small...I had to use a magnifying glass to see them. lol...just remember when adjusting the pots they don't have a stopping point, they will just keep turning so you have to watch your meter to stop at peak. (a in-line meter, not rhe radios meter)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.