• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Ronald Service Mode Settings

rftek

May 7, 2019

I did the 1K mod and I also know how to get into the service mode, but I do not know what things I can change and how to save the settings.

Any help appreciated.

I did the 1K mod and I also know how to get into the service mode, but I do not know what things I can change and how to save the settings.

Any help appreciated.
Whatever you do, first make sure you go through and write down all the default values.No two radios are alike so having those from your radio is crucial.

Please share your previous and new findings as to such mods.

Reactions: Woody-202
Hi Eldorado828,

Bad news, Ordered Ronald radio from Amazon, tested it and on AM it only put out 1/2 watt. Echanged the radio and tested it and it only put out 2 watts. Called President radio and they told me that Amazon was NOT a authorized seller. They then asked me who the seller was and they said that they were not a authorized seller. So I then asked them if they could recommend a good seller and they told me Welcott.

Conclusion: Pay the $15 or $20 more and buy a President radio from a authorized seller.

Hmm that's odd.... wondering if you were getting returned radios or something. President usually sells a pretty trouble free radio so it's crazy that you got two bad apples. Hate that for you dude.

Seems President is now picky about doing warranty outside the dealer network.

The problem is that some of these radios may have issues and have been returned back to Amazon and they do not check the RX or TX and just put them back in stock and then of coarse the next buyer buys one and they also returns it and this keeps on going around and around...

Anyway I hope the one that I ordered from Walcott is a good one. I will keep you updated.

Frank

Reactions: Rwb
The problem is that some of these radios may have issues and have been returned back to Amazon and they do not check the RX or TX and just put them back in stock and then of coarse the next buyer buys one and they also returns it and this keeps on going around and around...

Anyway I hope the one that I ordered from Walcott is a good one. I will keep you updated.

Frank
good luck. i sent em emails n phone calls voice mails no return calles. service after sales? i understand shortage of workers but im thinking no return call till warrenty runs out?
if anybody gets an answer on their phone tell em to call me as they got a few voice mails . if no reply soon im gonna become unhappy quickly

It sounds like Walcott's business is doing very well and are very busy. They were recommended to me by President Radio so they must be pretty good. It seems like they like to communicate through their website messaging system because when I sent them a message they responded back pretty quickly

• Haha
I finally received my President Ronald from WALCOTT and guess what,, its bad too. I tested it using my Bird watt meter and it only put out 2 watts on AM. It looks like they are doing the exavt same thing lthat AMAZON is doing ...they are not checking the bad radios that are returned. I told then to send me a replacement radio and to check the radio's output power before they ship it. I Will let everyone know how the replacement radio works out.

I finally received my President Ronald from WALCOTT and guess what,, its bad too. I tested it using my Bird watt meter and it only put out 2 watts on AM. It looks like they are doing the exavt same thing lthat AMAZON is doing ...they are not checking the bad radios that are returned. I told then to send me a replacement radio and to check the radio's output power before they ship it. I Will let everyone know how the replacement radio works out.
How about the bird?

I think I'd let time go by before trying that Ronald again.
Do me wrong once, shame on you
Do me wrong twice, shame on me
And a third time..... Not sure what happens that time!

after the reply ship it back n 30 day wait im like HELL NAW trade it off n cut my loss n never bother em again.too damm lazy to call me im done with em. i get a problem i want to talk to a living breathing person.
time to return to galaxy radios

How about the bird?

I think I'd let time go by before trying that Ronald again.
Do me wrong once, shame on you
Do me wrong twice, shame on me
And a third time..... Not sure what happens that time!
yep agreed n spread the news for others to realize whats a headin their way

Reactions: Eldorado828
Your right, I came to my senses, I just sent them a message telling them to just give me a refund.
what gets me this radio worked great 2 weeks then burped.i got it working again minus 2 functions,the swr protection and high voltage protection

My president ronald appears to have a newer version of circuitry than a previous president ronald i had also purchased new a couple years ago.
Anyways while i was in the service mode making adjustments i had accidently bumped the channel selector that pushed it in and made the channel display on the screen go from 00 to 01 while i had the setting for FM power or POWHI as indicated on the screen.
So when i bumped the channel selector and it went to 01 i just turned the radio off then back on because i was done adjusting anyway but did that accidental bump happen to change anything at all ?

I have the newest ronald and the bord is a little differant but it definatley neecs an audio limiter removed its far too much restricted no matter how tou adjust it in the sercice menu

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.