• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President washington

NY 38

May 5, 2022
hello again, my next project is a Washington that's been in storage a few years, it had extra channels added with 3 switches mounted on one side for some reason there are no normal channels working just upper and lower, Ideas ??

hello again, my next project is a Washington that's been in storage a few years, it had extra channels added with 3 switches mounted on one side for some reason there are no normal channels working just upper and lower, Ideas ??
First off welcome to the forum, secondly I have no clue, so I'm not any help. But there's several people on the forum that have a lot of radio knowledge and I'm sure they can help, or if you're like me and are in over your head with bringing an old radio back to life, there's some guys on here that can truly work mericals for you.

Reactions: walterjn
no normal channels working just upper and lower,

Would be helpful to know what your test setup is.

Do you have an external frequency counter that shows the frequency of the AM transmit carrier?

When you said "upper and lower" do you mean USB and LSB on the mode selector? If what you mean is that there is no transmit in AM mode, please fill us in.

Just not getting a clear picture of the fault yet.

could be dirty switches, or, never done right, or, what they wanted. is it a 858 or a 8719.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?