• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PRIDE 100 LINEAR AMPLIFER

freddbro

Apr 7, 2012
Ft.Myers, Fla.
Hi Guys, I purchased a PRIDE 100 Linear from E'bay and the seller said "a Transistor" fell off the PC Board.. (Rattle)
Upon opening it I found the "Transistor" was a Trimming Capacitor.. No big
problem until I tried to figure where to connect it.. The PRIDE 150 shows it being held on with 2 wirewound resistors, Value unknown ?? Also where do they get soldered to ?? There are some "Solder Stains" on the PC Board but I'm not sure , what to do.. I Can NOT find a Schematic of a Pride 100..
I thought this would be a "Quick Fix" It just never works that way..
Any help you all can provide will be appreciated.. Thank you .. FREDD
freddbro@aol.com for any photos or HELP

P.S. I Can not figure how to resize my photos of Trimmer to upload..

That trim cap should go on the input of the transformer going to the two transistors to help match the input of the amp, it is a 150 pf compression cap.
If the amp got hot enough to melt solder on the components on the board It is fair to say it has seriously been abused.
You can download Irfanview for free and use it to re-size photo easily to post on the board.
It is a bit hard to describe were the cap goes without photos.

Jeff

I was gonna say if someone got that thing hot enough that the trimmer pot let alone any parts fall or fell off the board then Im thinking you going to replace a few things.

Reactions: 2 people
I did not get to see it first hand, but Nomad posted some pictures of a DX1600 that got so hot that when he pulled the top cover parts were falling off the boards in the amp.
I think it got turned into a door stop.

Jeff

Attachments

• Melted off board.jpg
    Melted off board.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 15
  • melted solder1.jpg
    melted solder1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 16
  • melted solder 2.jpg
    melted solder 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 167
  • dx1600metldownmeltedsol (1).jpg
    dx1600metldownmeltedsol (1).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14
I did not get to see it first hand, but Nomad posted some pictures of a DX1600 that got so hot that when he pulled the top cover parts were falling off the boards in the amp.

Jeff

holy crap!! :oops:

Jeff

The hell with getting a fan kit, that guy needs a lesson in thermal destruction.

Hi Ihave a Pride 100 just like the one you are talking about. I will see if the wife can help post a pics for you. I am not sure how to post piic and i know my one finger typeing sucks. As soon as she get home tonoght i will get you some pics. God Bless.

Hey my wife just got home so i will get her to post some pic's later today.Sorry it is takeing so long. God Bless.

Hi Ihave a Pride 100 just like the one you are talking about. I will see if the wife can help post a pics for you. I am not sure how to post piic and i know my one finger typeing sucks. As soon as she get home tonoght i will get you some pics. God Bless.

2012-07-07_22-05-22_196.jpg picture by ttaylor1136 - Photobucket
2012-07-07_22-07-08_492.jpg picture by ttaylor1136 - Photobucket
2012-07-07_22-07-28_64.jpg picture by ttaylor1136 - Photobucket
2012-07-07_22-08-06_940.jpg picture by ttaylor1136 - Photobucket
2012-07-07_22-08-29_102.jpg picture by ttaylor1136 - Photobucket

I hope these help!!! Please let me know if you need another angle. I also have a PDF file made of these too. If you would like it I can send it to you by email, just send me your email address and I will forward it to you.
Thank you and God bless!!

Great pictures.
Yours has two, one on the input, and on across the output transformer.
and they even still have the thread lock on them, that must be a first....never golden screwdrivered!

Jeff

Jeff

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!:blink::confused::eek:

Yea that thing is clean for sure and as long as i have it there will be no golden scredriver that are going to be put in it. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.