• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

problem with Cobra 19xs

a "peak and tune" usually consists of tuning the coils in the transmitter section of the radio for max wattage, and turning up the modulation pot.

an alignment involves all sections of the radio so you would not have to do both.

the reason an alignment is needed in the first place is because quality control at the manufacturer sucks, and the radios can be a little off frequency, have poor sensitivity, low modulation, and low power output.

once you find the radio that you like, shoot me a PM here on the forum and i can help you decide whether or not its a good deal from a reputable seller.
LC

There are three steps to setting up a radio.
1. Alignment, it's aligning the radio to channel that the radio is set to.
2. It is aligning the receiver.
3. Aligning the transmitter.

Many places skip step one and two because the factory has it close and do part of step three, but charge for all three.
Hope this helps.

loosecannon and 2FB327, thanks for further explaining the terminology, and for clarifying that only an alignment is necessary. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.