• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

programmable radio + timer ...

Albretch Mueller

Mar 22, 2022
I need a radio which timer I could program to start on a certain international station (Europe, the Americas and/or Asia) on particular days and I would like for the audio to be stereo and high fidelity.

Is there such a thing?

Thank you,
lbrtchx

> If you are talking shortwave, then why stereo and why hifi?

I once noticed one of those satellite digital radios which sound was superb. I think it was stereo. Any experience with those? All I need is high fidelity sound.

> most modern radios do have a timer built in

but is their timers programmable? Say you want Tuesdays and Thursdays to tune to French speaking stations of your choice and on other days to some other ones. There should be a way to do that. How do you?

lbrtchx

Well each radio would have its own kind of timer which may or may not do exactly what you want but yes they are all programmable to some extent.. As for hifi sound on shortwave.....not going to happen. Shortwave broadcasts are communications quality not hifi. most shortwave broadcasters are concerned about cutting through the noise and hifi is not conducive to doing that and maintain quality. It requires wider bandwidth and the wider the bandwidth the lower the signal to noise ratio. Also selective fading becomes more of a problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated