• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Programming Help

Kiev88CM

Aug 30, 2012
I am having a nightmare with my new TYT TH-UVF9 Dual band Handheld Transceiver. I ordered the radio through Amazon and the Data cable and software from Radiomart.
My computer operating system is Windows XP (SP3)...and I have a free serial port on the back of my computer as well as USB ports.
I have downloaded Software and Drivers from TYT, Knightco , and the mini CD that came with the cable. First trying the included cable CD( no luck ) then uninstalled , rebooted and tried the next , making certain that I selected COM 1 ( I have tried COM 1-3 also )
On advice from a friend, I was told that the "smart cable" was troublesome and was given a Kenwood to serial port cable to use.
In all cases I receive this message: Opening Port...
Transferring data blocks...
ERROR: Timeout while waiting for data blocks.
Port Closed.
I have made sure the cable was seated correctly in all cases. I have used the device manager and COM 1 is free and shows no problems. I have tried lowering the baud rate on COM 1..I am NOT computer savvy...any help or suggestions are welcome

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.