1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Project: Car power adapter to Anderson Powerpole

Discussion in 'Home Brew' started by NJ2X, Nov 18, 2011.

1. NJ2X

NJ2X Member

Hello Hams,

I posted a simple, fun, money saving project on my website (NJ2X.COM), Project: Car power adapter to Anderson Powerpole .

Michael

2. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T

I just received two dozen power poles and converted the two heavy guage power lines in my Mazda B3000 truck. I'm also in the process of converting all my radio power cables to power poles.

I should have done this years ao. These things are the bom. (y)

3. W5LZ

W5LZ Crotchety Old Bastard

Ain't they?!
    I seem to run out of them much sooner than I ever expected, they're handy for making all kinds of 'non-permanent' connections. Whoever thought of these things is going to make a fortune off of them, and good for them. Wish he'da thought of them 20 years ago, it would have saved me a lot of aggravation.
    - 'Doc

(Haven't tried it (yet), but I'll bet they can be used to make connections on a loading coil too. Ya'think?)

4. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

I was just looking at one of these for sale by powerwerx. When I saw the price, I decided I would just make one myself. I need some more powerpoles first, though!

1 person likes this.
  5. NJ2X

NJ2X Member

Anderson Powerpoles

Hams,

I love the Anderson Powerpole connectors too. I even used them for my portable solar power setup to interconnect all the various parts. Perhaps I will write that up for a future article for my website (NJ2X.COM).

Michael

NJ2X

6. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

I seen the Powerwerx as well. I like the homebrew one better, appears more functional and robust.