• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

proud to announce

congrats, but you'll have to explain the canadien licensing classes to me/us. As I/we are not familiar with it. agian good job!
what bands and modes will you be operating on ? 73

rfoverlord said:
congrats, but you'll have to explain the canadien licensing classes to me/us. As I/we are not familiar with it. agian good job!
what bands and modes will you be operating on ? 73

Thanks rfoverlord

here is some info on the new regulations. Changes were made in the last 2 or 3 months.

1.4 Privileges and Restrictions
Privileges and restrictions can be found in the Radiocommunication Regulations and Radiocommunication Information Circular 2, Standards for the Operation of Radio Stations in the Amateur Radio Service (RIC-2). A brief summary follows:

Basic Qualification:

access all amateur bands above 30 MHz
use a maximum of 250 watts DC transmitter input power
build (Footnote 1) and operate all station equipment, except for "home-made" transmitters

Basic with honours (80% or above score) - access to all amateur bands below 30 MHz

Advanced Qualification:

access all amateur bands below 30 MHz
use maximum transmitter power of 1000 watts DC input
build and operate transmitting equipment
establish repeaters and club stations
remotely control fixed stations, including the use of radio links
Morse Code (with Basic or Basic and Advanced Certificate):

access to all amateur bands below 30 MHz

Joe said:
I won’t know officially what my call sign will be you have to give them 3 in order of reference, I hope it will be VAGUED….this one is still available

Congrats.Hope to meet you on the air sometime.Just a question,what is "VAGUED"? It is not a callsign format,there is no callsign area number in it which would be the number three for you.Typo??

Now that you have HF priviledges you won't want to stop with the FT-7800.That will let you work 2m and 70cm but you will definately want to get an HF rig.I use a Yaesu FT-857 as both a base rig and while mobile. :D

Your welcome rfoverlord

Even some of the die hard mores code’ers I have talked to agree with dropping the code. They made the test harder than the one they had years ago, increased the pass mark from 60 to 70 for basic, and award you full privileges if you get above 80%.

Fore me that really made me study harder lol.

I now want to get the advance status, just for interests’ sake.

The advance is a lot more technical.

QRN I’m lucky at the moment I can use my Fathers rig to practice on, also it will be handed down to me in the very near future. He’s in his early 80’s and doesn’t go on that much anymore except to license to a few nets and has mentioned to me I can have it.

I hope I get my call sign early next week, I’m chomping at the bit lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.