• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

push up pole and 5'tripod

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
was woundering if i could use a 40' or 50' push up pole with a 5'tri pod. have a antron 99 on it now with 15' of mast. want to up grade my omni direc. to a maco V5000 and would like to put it up as high as i can. tought if i use a 40' or 50' push up pole off the roof and guy it in three places that would work with the 5' tripod.

think 5 ft a bit too short
10 to 15 much better

your 40-50 push up pole and A-99 (18 ft)
so 68 ft height for a 5 ft tri pod even with good guying
is likly too much for a 5 ft tri pod

even with a 15 ft tri pod would need to use guying to be sure is good to go

Hi:
Should work just fine,made shure that you drive the 9 lag bolts(3 per leg) trhu the rafters or beams on the roof,and use a lot of sealant around the legs too.(Roof tart or silicone).
I normally guy the telescopic mast every 10 ft,you will need around 12 to 15 guy wires spaced 120 Degrees,(3 per section).
Also don't forget to use "Turn Buckles" to tension and balance the guy wires and the first section needs to be guyed before you raise the mast even if you are using the tripod.

My 2 Pesos
Tecnicoloco
73's :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

tecnicoloco said:
Hi:
Should work just fine,made shure that you drive the 9 lag bolts(3 per leg) trhu the rafters or beams on the roof,and use a lot of sealant around the legs too.(Roof tart or silicone).
I normally guy the telescopic mast every 10 ft,you will need around 12 to 15 guy wires spaced 120 Degrees,(3 per section).

My 2 Pesos
Tecnicoloco
73's :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
the way i have the tripod now is i went thru the roof with 1/2'' hex bolts into metal plates with nuts,flat washers and lock washers. maybe i will just go with a 40' push up pole & guy at the guy rings on the pole. the amtron has stood some 75 mile per hour winds on the 5'tripod with the 15' of mast with just being guyed with three wires at the 12' on the mast. thanks. ps. 10-4 on the sealant i have it mounted on the garage end of the house in case of leakage it won't hurt much.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.