• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Puxing HTs?

No experience but might be okay. See all their models. Some have more features than others such as Voice Scrambling. Some ads must be typos. Have the exact same model number for the VHF and the UHF. Just read everything carefully and examine the full list of items for sale.

Very high sales and high positive feedback

interview.gif

Don't own one, heard they are "OK" quality, and improving, Price is right, one issue is they are NOT type accepted by the FCC, not a big deal but the potential for problems is there.

Price is nice perhaps..

Of course will be destroyed by my Icom T90a
Icom IC91AD
Kenwood THF6a

I highly Doubt they are worth getting
Unless you are looking to get something to be a decent MURS HT
( then i would think it would likely do quite well )

I've owned several different Chinese ht's and my personal preference is the Feidaxin (FDC) models.

Most of the brands I've owned were surprisingly well built.

I've also got a Feidaxin (FDC) UHF handie. Works well, and durable.

Also have an Icom T81A that I have had for several years (long before the Chinese handies existed). Yes the Icom is "better". But at several times the price of one FDC.

They're well worth the 50 or 60 bucks the go for on ebay. Where are you going to find an Icom/Yaesu/Kenwood handie for that kind of price?

Puxing

I bought one for my 11 year old daughter who passed her HAM test. Promised her, her own radio if she passed. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it, in case she lost/broke/never used her radio. I find myself grabbing it more than my VX-8R. Surprisingly well built and pretty easy to use. For the money, worth the purchase. Came from Hong Kong, took a week or so to get here. Specifically, I ordered from radiogearpro.com. free ship. She picked it because she could change the color of the display;)

It's a fun little radio...

I recently purchased a Feidaxin 2m monoband off ebay. These are great little radios despite all the bad things said of them over on QRZ. The only minor complaints I have are no DTMF tones, and when the battery starts to run down it makes a ear piercing squeal. The 1350mAh NIMH battery is a little weak for a 5w radio also, but i am a talker, I just use a 6v AGM stuck down in my pocket and that last all day. My one concern is the honesty of the manufacture concerning output power, alot of manufactures claim 5watts or 4 watts and in reality its only half that, I will let everyone know as soon as I find some VHF plugs for my Bird meter.

BTW, ITS ALL MADE IN FRIGGGING CHINA, LEAST PUXING, CHINGCHONG AND FEIDAXIN ARE HONEST.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.