• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PYRAMID--PS 46 MX

IDIeselman

Oct 20, 2010
Lake Michigan
Does anyone have any information on this model? I have searched and came up empty. I found every other model but not the 46MX. I have a chance to buy one nearly new and local for $150.00 but really do not want to take a bath on it.

Thanks
Tim

Can't speak for that model, but I've had a PS-36KX that's been flawless for two years, even after maxing it out with a 2M amp for quite a while. I think I paid $120 delivered.

I don't know if your $150 is exactly a "smokin' deal", especially since I recently found PS-52KX units for $148 brand new with free shipping. PM me if you want a link to them.

Thanks men, I finally received the pics of the PS, it is actually a PS-46 KX He said I could have it for $125.00 sounds fair I think I'll take it.

Well, guess what. I made the purchase of a new "looking" Pyramid PS46KX. brought it home and turned it on to hear the distinct buzzing of an old Lincoln 225 buzz box arc welder. The PS seems to work as it should but I can not believe it is functioning correctly. I will bring my Fluke home tomorrow to test voltage but wow, are these things really this loud?

Can you record a video?

My 50 amp Tripp lite, that's about 10 years old will all of a sudden start making a racket. Seems that every screw and bolt becomes loose. The last time, I used thread locking compound. I heard a buzz and rattle the other day, so probably gotta get back in there.

Your Pyramid should just have a nice little hum.

My PS46 started huming load and happened to be the cover, I took it off ans gave it a very slight bow in the top o\f the cover and screwed it back on and it does not hum any more.

I will check it over good tonight but with reservations on success. I can hear the hum from 15' away, the only way I know the fan is working is from putting my hand behind the PS and feeling the draw as the hum would overpower your common household box fan.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.