• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QRM Eliminator - Any Help?

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
So I'm using a new 160M Loop, doubled from a previous 80M. Working very well on all bands including 60 and 6. Only issue is it's picking up a pretty high noise level on 40M. Varies S4 to 7 24hrs/day depending. Thought I would try one of these QRM E. Boxes. The MFJ 1026 one is a bit over $200 altogether .... thought I would try the original one which is only $50 on eBay. Operation and hookup is simple enough. No instructions at all. Have it hooked up correctly including PTT Kill to rig. There are numerous YouTube demos on the thing so I watched 3 of them. All went the same. Mine is apparently doing nothing. It is as if it's not there. It powers up - at the very least it should raise & lower RX power on the Main Ant. but it's not doing even that. No adjustment of 3 knobs has any effect. Did connect a temporary random longwire Reference ant.
I don't see anything else to do. Did I receive a lemon that's just not working?

Does the design call for a choke balun at the feedpoint? This is to isolate the noise on transmit and receive.

For the MFJ box, did you open it up and resolder everything yet?

Did connect a temporary random longwire Reference ant.

I have the MFJ 1026, which is the same idea. The RX antenna has to be able to hear the offending noise in order for the QRM Eliminator to do anything about it. It seems to me that your random longwire antenna is deaf to that noise. How long is that RX antenna, and is it terminated?

I have the MFJ 1026, which is the same idea. The RX antenna has to be able to hear the offending noise in order for the QRM Eliminator to do anything about it. It seems to me that your random longwire antenna is deaf to that noise. How long is that RX antenna, and is it terminated?
Regardless of RX Reference Ant, the Main Gain control should raise & lower the signal on the Main ant ..... and it is doing nothing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated