• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QRO 2500 .... Man that's one fine amp

They display this one with the top cover off at their Dayton Hamvention (r) booth. Looks solid as a rock.

Never have gotten a first-hand report from an owner. They don't sell all that many around here.

Or, maybe they just don't break.

QRO-AMPLIFIERS-2500

Well your right,I have a 2500 and it is an excellent amp,it is better than my AL82 and AL80A-Ameritron(MFJ)now,Ive never had any problems with the AL series amps either.I have an old Alpha 77ax-1974 has 2x8877 in it and all rebuilt with dhall xmfrs and vacuum relays now-The new Alphas are way over priced and not worth the cash I think,Buy a QRO and save 3 grand who cares if you tune it your self.Ive never had any problems with ant of the amps I have ,if you abuse them ,incorrect tuning,wrong band,high swr then your asking for trouble.QRO did make a 1x3-500Z but must have stopped manufacturing it,Now thats a 1 tube rf machine,I sold it a few yrs ago and got the 2500-well worth the money-will last ? who knows how long.I had a few SB220,200 Heathkit amps too,in the 220 I melted the capacitor banks nylon insulation between the cap.when I was a QRMTESTER in the 70s ,I Just recently gave it away to a new Ham.Needed a little TLC. :D

DE-K8PG-Paul CW LIVES :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.