• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QSL extortion ...

Cap'n KW and Klondike Mike -

$10 for a letter out of Colombia is fact, not fiction. There is no govt postal system here. It was closed down about 5 years ago because of massive theft and corruption. Private shippers are the only way now, and their rates are exorbitant . I paid $18.00 american to send a letter to the IRS from here via DHL. People who ask for a QSL card from me get a printable version via Email.

Well there you go. I was wrong. First time this year. :whistle:

I was hoping you would jump in and confirm/deny the fact. I would have thought NWIH it would have been that high. No government postal system hey? Makes me want to ask who is more of the problem down there. The drug cartels or the government or are they the same? :blink:

Well this is all very eye opening.
Are there any other South American countries where this applies?
Or is it just Colombia?

Dunno about how it is in other countries in SA, Robb. But unfortunately that's the way it is here. When there was a postal system here, your chances of getting anything through it was slim-to-none. The govt did the right thing by shutting it down.

BTW KW ... the cartels ARE a problem, but the Govt is excellent.

QSL Extortion

A $1 USA stamp gets my QSLs anywhere in the World-I liker the QRSS system works well.
I do think some of the DX stations Make some $$$ for their QSLs.

Never Put your Call on the Envelope.

Paul-K8PG- CW IS AMATEUR RADIO.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?