• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quad Mag Mount

triple nickel

Dec 5, 2009
Christian County Mo.
I just purchased a Quad Mag Mount (4-5" magnets ) on a H-Bar pattern from Tower Electronics. This company is good on their prices. Here is their info.

Jill A. Cole, KB9PZF, Sales Manager
Tower Electronics
PO Box 12631
Green Bay, WI 54307-2631 USA
Web: Tower Electronics Orders 1-800-662-3422
Tech Info 920-435-3359 Fax 920-435-2980

i don't know why more guys dont go for the 4 mag mount over the 3 mag one . maybe they just dont know about them . how is the quality of the coax and antenna mount supplied with it ?

Attachments

• Quad%20Mag%203%208%20X%2024.JPG
    Quad%20Mag%203%208%20X%2024.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 67
  • QUAD%20MAG%20MNT.JPG
    QUAD%20MAG%20MNT.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 70
it's lower priced than their tri mag mount too. i may have to get one, been wanting to run my 102 on the roof of my car.

i don't know why more guys dont go for the 4 mag mount over the 3 mag one . maybe they just dont know about them . how is the quality of the coax and antenna mount supplied with it ?

Because the tri-mag is a way more stable platform than that stick configuration, now if they would make a square mounting plate it would be a different story.

Can u replace the coax in that mount or is it like the disposable stingers?

It has one of those silly ring style terminals at the base so I suggest replacing the entire antenna mount to a style that has a single ring terminal and tie the shield directly to the magmount or one with a SO-239 style and use a 90 degree 259 and then connect the coax.

Thanks mackmobile. What is a ring style terminal? It's hard to visualise what i would be looking to buy. Are you saying i would have to drill a so 239 sized hole in the flat stock and then buy an adaptor that is like the so239 with nut on most cb's pointing down fused to the hexagonal mount that accepts the stinger pointing up?. Any pics of what i would get? I know where to get the right angle pl259

Thanks mackmobile. What is a ring style terminal? It's hard to visualise what i would be looking to buy. Are you saying i would have to drill a so 239 sized hole in the flat stock and then buy an adaptor that is like the so239 with nut on most cb's pointing down fused to the hexagonal mount that accepts the stinger pointing up?. Any pics of what i would get? I know where to get the right angle pl259

This is a very nice mount stud and most likely all you would have to do is to drill the hole one size larger to accommodate the shoulder washer. Barjan - Product Catalog

360-53404_md.jpg

Good stuff.
will the whip length change drastically to match the flat stock that links the magmounts?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio