• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quarantine sucked!

When I need to move air I do it with 3 kilowatts of low frequency!

View attachment 37207
Two SVT cabs?
Niiice . . . what is in the rack?
I used to run (still have it all) two Thiele MesaBoogie 1-12" cabs with EVM-12L/each.
My rack? A MesaBoogie 50/50 tube amp with a Rocktron VuDu Valve preamp/fx, tuner, and power strip.
Real hot tube sustain and tone, and the fx are clean and xlnt.
Guitars? A few; but mainly one. Parts built Strat black w/white face plate and custom pickups/wiring. Fat and skinny sound for blues, rock, and country.
Worked for me . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: fourstringburn
Two SVT cabs?
Niiice . . . what is in the rack?
I used to run (still have it all) two Thiele MesaBoogie 1-12" cabs with EVM-12L/each.
My rack? A MesaBoogie 50/50 tube amp with a Rocktron VuDu Valve preamp/fx, tuner, and power strip.
Real hot tube sustain and tone, and the fx are clean and xlnt.
Guitars? A few; but mainly one. Parts built Strat black w/white face plate and custom pickups/wiring. Fat and skinny sound for blues, rock, and country.
Worked for me . . .
Nice gear you have with a Mesa Tube amp! I'm sure that sounds sweet. Pics would be cool.

Mesa made the awesome 400+ all tube Bass amp and now makes a lighter weight Strategy 88 Bass amp with eight KT-88 power tubes.

My rack has been updated since that pic. I prefer solid state for power amps but run an all tube preamp for a true hybrid combination.

Now consists of:

Ampeg SVP-Pro preamp ( 5 tube preamp) These sound so good to me I bought a spare because these aren't made anymore!

Ampeg SVP-BSP preamp ( only used for full blown distortion which this preamp excels at!

Ampeg SVT8 ( 2500w @2 ohms mono amplifier. Only used as a power amp for my 2 preamps).

Behinger 1602 rack mount line mixer ( used to send both preamp signals to the power amp. Pan controls allow blending clean and distortion signals more effectively.

dbx 166XL stereo compressor/limiter/gate.

Fender rackmount tuner

Furman power conditioner

Radial AB-Y stomp box to select/combine preamps.

And yes, two SVT810e cabs because two is better than one!

It's a powerful Bass rig producing a strong Bass tone but it's just right for hard rock/metal bands.

Basses:

1978 Fender P-Bass bought new in 1981. My first and only Bass for years.

1997 Fender Jazz. A Valentine's gift from the wife!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated