• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about connecting a Stryker 655 to a PC

Boll Weevil

Mar 2, 2014
SW PA
I bought a new 655 a few weeks back and have made a few attempts to make some adjustments using my home computer but with no luck. I have the proper USB from Stryker but I get an error message stating that I don't have the necessary drivers installed. Stryker rarely answers their phone and I don't want them to return my call at their convenience. I've also filled out the contact form on their website but have received no response.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get the radio to communicate with my pc? It's a few years old and is currently running Windows 7.

Thanks.

Jim

Last edited:

go to cbradiomagazine.com and look at the review of the 955,, there is a link to the correct stryker usb cable drivers

Thanks for the reply.

Stryker got back to me today and they have since added links and instructions to download the drivers. It appears they are still building their website as I noticed, in addition to the driver info, a few more features that weren't there last week.

I actually had my doubts about them contacting me because of my past experience of trying to contact them by email and phone as well as that of a coworker of mine who also needed to contact them for a usb cable. He tried for days by phone and it took as long for them to respond to his email. Hopefully they're just going through some growing pains and will eventually have their customer service up to standard.

I also recently bought a Stryker 655 and customer/tech support will not answer the phone or return calls after leaving a message. This has been going on for 2 weeks as I also need the USB programming cable. I have called every day and nobody ever answers and tried on the website and nothing. Very disappointing from Stryker.:confused:

Finally got around to trying out the program and everything works fine. I was surprised to see the factory default for high swr protection was 10:1. I set mine at 2.5.

I also recently bought a Stryker 655 and customer/tech support will not answer the phone or return calls after leaving a message. This has been going on for 2 weeks as I also need the USB programming cable. I have called every day and nobody ever answers and tried on the website and nothing. Very disappointing from Stryker.:confused:

The first time I contacted them it went well. The phone was answered on the second ring and the rep was able to answer a few technical questions I had and also sent me the usb. Trying to get info regarding the software was another issue. Multiple phone calls that went to voicemail with no return calls and no/delayed responses to the contact form. There is definitely room for improvement.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.