• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about subs for BJT finals:

Hawkeye351

Jun 27, 2021
I just got done cleaning out the years long tech that recently passed away. He had a lot of new parts. But I have some questions for the experts on this site.

One of the parts containers has new finals in the compartment that's marked 2SC2312, but in the container are brand new "en 596N". And for the 2SC1969 labeled compartment, hes got 2SC1945 (could be 1944).

Does a 596N work as a 2312?
Does a 1945(or 4) work in place of a 1969?

There's a lot of parts bins to go through, so give me time to go through them and list them here. He was no shade tree tech, or truck stop tech, he was one of the best of his time. He worked on all types of electronics, specialized in TV's, ham radios and CB radios, but he did everything by the book (regulations).

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

I just got done cleaning out the years long tech that recently passed away. He had a lot of new parts. But I have some questions for the experts on this site.

One of the parts containers has new finals in the compartment that's marked 2SC2312, but in the container are brand new "en 596N". And for the 2SC1969 labeled compartment, hes got 2SC1945 (could be 1944).

Does a 596N work as a 2312?
Does a 1945(or 4) work in place of a 1969?

There's a lot of parts bins to go through, so give me time to go through them and list them here. He was no shade tree tech, or truck stop tech, he was one of the best of his time. He worked on all types of electronics, specialized in TV's, ham radios and CB radios, but he did everything by the book (regulations).
2SC1945 is similar to 1969 in spec, but the pinout is different. 1945 is BEC, 1969 is BCE. Not sure what the 596N is. Take a photo and put it here.

Reactions: Hawkeye351
That's all he has in the 2SC2312 bin (several of these). He has everything pretty well organized on all the other bins it seems with the parts and labels matching or being a sub I can locate and confirm, except these. Gonna try one out and see.

Anyone have a list of available subs that could be used in place of the 2312, 1969, 2166, 1306, 1307?

Last edited:
I use alltransistors website to lookup subs so I can compare to all these unknown, but in the CB bins from his shop, but I'm unsure of their lists.
He has bags and bags of transistors (TO220) that are in the CB section of his shop, I got them all.
Some are marked as:
BC...
K...
Kk...
C...
2N...
2SA...
2SB...
2SC...
2SD...
2SK...
Bags and bags of diodes, 4148, 1N..., etc...
Bags and bags of ICs, etc... Just got to finish going through it all while still getting work done on radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1