• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

question about the silkscreens on the ranger 2950DX style boards (SMT)

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
Hi all,

I am working on a ranger radio that uses this style of board.

so my question is for people that work on these boards or at least someone who has one in front of them.

why are the silkscreens for the 5.6v zener diodes on the gates of the driver and finals still drawn backwards?

yes, i can see from the schematic where the banded end should go, but why are the silkscreens showing them installed the other way?

as far as i know there were never bipolar drivers and finals used with this new SMT board, so why would they draw them the 'old' way?

im just genuinely curious about this.

i should have taken a picture of the driver transistor in this radio, as it has a big crack in the front of it.
i am getting more and more used to seeing these mosfets physically blown out instead of just blown or shorted internally LOL.

if anyone's curious as to what im dealing with on this board, i have about 1.7 volts on the mirror board.
Q66 and Q67 check good, but that's as far as i've taken it, as the XYL doesn't take kindly to the smell of solder smoke on V day.

really just curious about those zener markings though.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.