• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question for @Nomad.....

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
I didn't want to hijack Dan's thread.... on looking for Uniden document...... but I have a semi related question.....

I know that I have looked for several Uniden service manuals and was unable to find them. The most "memorable" at the moment is a PC68. I have had many people steer me towards a Cobra 25 saying that it is close (even though... I don't THINK the PC68 I have uses the same PLL!!!).

Anyway... here is the question......

I have watched videos of 'Mikes Radio Repair' on YT..... one was even ON the PC68...... and HE had the factory service info!!!!! Had the paper service manual.

Does Uniden only allow "certified" techs to have them .....or maybe you have to "register" with them??? It's just that there is so LITTLE information on some of these radios out there.... it's funny that 'he' seems to have the factory materials for everything he touches.

Just curious.... thanks if you have any comment.

Bob

The ones they sold me had a pink colored front and back cover. The pages were xerox copies, frequently bad ones, stapled not bound.

They would sell a manual to anyone who ordered it until the late 1990s. They stopped, and would offer the excuse that it made the radios too easy to modify for illegal stuff.

Made it look like they were just tired of selling service data.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.