• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question of triple can capacitors

jtrouter

Jul 7, 2015
My next radio project is a Robyn T240d, For those who do not know what it is its a tube CB made in the 70's and one
of many radios built on the Panasonic chassis. They all contain a large triple capacitor with 3 47uf @350volts in one can.
I know the cheap way is just to use 3 47uf caps and wire them up. However i do not want any of my collection of these
radios to look like this. I did find a couple of choices that might work i found a triple can of 50uf or a triple can of 40uf.
I would think that the 50uf would be ok to use? and if not i will just cut the can carefully and put 3 47uf caps into the
can and call it good. So you think the 50uf would work? its within 10% tolerance? Thank you for reading and hope to
hear from you.

I always keep "Hayseed Hamfest" in mind.
hayseedhamfest.com

They have a number of cap options ready to go... and if you have a special need they might be able to help.

Reactions: Lkaskel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated