• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question on RF power on dipole

red6man

Dec 4, 2009
I know this may sound dumb but I haven't touched a cb in 35 years And I forgot anything I may have known. I put up a dipole antenna today and had a SWR of 1.1 which was good and on the transmit side it just about went all the way into the red. Is that good or bad? I don't want to blow this old cam 89. Thanks

See my post on other thread.

It turns out it is the rf meter on the radio that is nearly pegging, some confusion over that.

From what I'm reading, if the SWR on the antenna is around 1.1:1 and the RF meter on the radio is going into the red, it sounds as though it's working properly.

Do a search for the adjustment points on a Cam89 and you should come up with the RF meter adjustment... you can back it down a little if need be so that the meter doesn't peg.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,