• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

question

My old Hr 2510, with a Sommerkamp Dx-100, and 102" whip has scored many contacts on ten meters, with never a complaint from anyone. In fact I have had many 5x9+ reports from that set-up.
Over the years I have used a converted TRC 448, Ranger 2950, Ranger 2950DX, Hr 2510, Hr2600, Lincoln, and my RCI-6900-F25 on Ten meters with no problems.

Jeff

bigred222 said:
Thanks guys that really answers my question well. Glad i can always count on smart people with the right answer. as opposed to stingy local club members. haha
73's

I think you must have mis-worded your original question. Even though, CW-morse answered it correctly.

Just to sum it up, the communications act of 1934 states, in so many words, that every transmitter must be licensed. In the case of class-D CB, you are licensed by virtue of using a certified transceiver. Once upon a time, the FCC was overwhelmed in red tape with all the CB license applications, so they changed their tune. Since then, you have the right to operate on the Citizens Band when using a transceiver certified to part 95 subpart E, and that is your "license".
If you modify the transceiver, or use external power amplifier, or install antenna higher than 60 feet, (anything else?) your certification is void along with your right to operate the station.

But thats the letter of the law. For practical purpose, you only get in trouble with the FCC if you cause a complaint to be filed against the operation of your CB station. Nobody's been fined for only operating a non-certified transceiver, its always been in lieu of a more serious violation that caused complaints to be filed.

As far as operating "export" radios on 10 meters.
You can operate a rusty bean tin on 10 meters, as long as you're complying with bandwidth limits, conforming to the band plan, and within the limits of your amateur license class.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.