• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

questions about a uniden grant

swanny

Apr 26, 2009
Purchased this today from a guy locally who said the radio was stock. Didn't take too long to figure out that it wasn't. I'm thinking it has had a channel mod done but I'm not sure what else. R131 looks to be intact so I believe the mod limiter is still there. I turned the am down a fuzz because when I got it, it was dk around 5.5-6 watts and when speaking into the microphone the ammeter on my power supply would swing backwards just slightly. I have it adjusted to around 3.5 watt dk now and swings slightly forward. I have not been able to get a ssb transmission quality report because of poor conditions locally, but did manage to hear some skip and it seems to receive okay. I'm posting some pictures to see if you guys can identify the modifications made and possibly help me return the radio to stock, other than the channel mod which I don't mind.

Attachments

• grant 001mod.jpg
    grant 001mod.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Here are some more pics

Attachments

• grant 003mod.jpg
    grant 003mod.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • grant 004mod.jpg
    grant 004mod.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • grant 005mod.jpg
    grant 005mod.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • grant 006mod.jpg
    grant 006mod.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • grant 002mod.jpg
    grant 002mod.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
This is a Uniden Grant; not an XL.
Worked on one for a while and got it cherry.

Looks like there is a wire running from the voltage regulator to the front of the radio; this is probably part of the unlocked clarifier mod.

Other than that, cannot see much else in your pics . . .

Okay, I was concerned about the clear goo in the top left picture, and was just trying to figure out what else had been done. I assumed the clarifier mod was done as well.

This is a Uniden Grant; not an XL.
Worked on one for a while and got it cherry.

Looks like there is a wire running from the voltage regulator to the front of the radio; this is probably part of the unlocked clarifier mod.

Other than that, cannot see much else in your pics . . .

Got it. I was thinking cb set since this was the cb section.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.