• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Questions On Some Parts

wildchild455

Mar 19, 2006
Ok I have a couple of dumb things to ask..............Since I am going to fix a few things around here

1. What is the value of the volume pot inside a astatic D104 and where can I buy one? (I know I wont be able to find a new one or a direct replacement but I have to do what i can do)

2. Where can I buy a 10 turn pot for a clarifier that will fit in a galaxy DX77HML and what is the value of it ? ( Made the decision to keep it going to fix it the way I want it....clarifier is kinda touchy right now .)

3. Does anyone know the gauge of the wire used for the inside connections of a MFJ 941D tuner and where to get a 500K pot for the SWR function ?

[QUOE="wildchild455, post: 518490, member: 1403"]Ok I have a couple of dumb things to ask..............Since I am going to fix a few things around here

1. What is the value of the volume pot inside a astatic D104 and where can I buy one? (I know I wont be able to find a new one or a direct replacement but I have to do what i can do)

2. Where can I buy a 10 turn pot for a clarifier that will fit in a galaxy DX77HML and what is the value of it ? ( Made the decision to keep it going to fix it the way I want it....clarifier is kinda touchy right now .)

3. Does anyone know the gauge of the wire used for the inside connections of a MFJ 941D tuner and where to get a 500K pot for the SWR function ?[/QUOTE]
The one question I can help you with is the potentiometer value. It's 5 ohm. Just search eBay for 5 ohm potentiometer. I actually purchased 5 5ohm potentiometers for $4. You might wanna concider getting one with a 1/2" shaft as many potentiometers may not be an exact fit for your particular d104. The 1/2" shaft potentiometers I purchased also were threaded and came with a locking nut. If your mic's not minty just drill a whole in the base of the mic solder the wire to the potentiometer push the shaft through the hole fasten it with the nut and add a knob to the shaft. Now instead of having to use a screwdriver in order too change the mic's volume (when nesessery) just use the knob. Years of using a screwdriver to change the mic's volume usually is the cause of broken d104's potentiometers. Hope this helped.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.