• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quick disconnect

Has anyone here ever used one of Breedloves antenna quick disconnects and, are they strong/hold up well?
Thanks in advance.
I've had my Breedlove quick disconnect mounts installed in the left front stake pocket with a 102" stainless whip on my pick-up trucks for at least five years with no problems. Be sure you order the optional protective brass cap for when you remove the antenna or else the cavity will fill up with water and debris.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Has anyone here ever used one of Breedloves antenna quick disconnects and, are they strong/hold up well?
Thanks in advance.
This was my "science fair".
Total length (height) of the Breedlove Quick-Disconnect Mount #205 with EZN Stake Pocket Bracket #910 is approximately 4.753". Let's call it 4-3/4".
I may be wrong, but I think the antenna system measurement starts at the bottom of the mount where the coax connects.
I installed a 4.170" long/high Hustler SSM3 stainless steel spring and a 102" stainless steel whip. Total overall length from the coax connector to the top of the whip is 110.923". SWR is 1.7:1 and below throughout the standard 40 CB frequencies.

I've had my Breedlove quick disconnect mounts installed in the left front stake pocket with a 102" stainless whip on my pick-up trucks for at least five years with no problems. Be sure you order the optional protective brass cap for when you remove the antenna or else the cavity will fill up with water and debris.
Thanks. Will do.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.