• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quick Questions about Antennas for my research

Matt McNally

Nov 6, 2019
I’m hoping someone will help me with some research I’m working on for my internship. I’m looking for information on a few antenna types—what they’re used for, where you buy them, that kind of thing. If you’re willing to help, do you mind taking this super quick survey[mc1] ? It doesn’t ask for any personal info., and you won’t be added to any mailing lists, I swear.

1. Do you use any of the following antenna types? If so, what do you use them for?

- Omnidirectional 450-490 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Omnidirectional Collinear 806-960 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Directional Yagi 806-960 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Directional Low-Gain Yagi 806-960 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Multidirectional Fiberglass 806-880 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Whip 450-512Hz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

2. Do you normally purchase these antennas from a distributor, from the manufacturer, or from someone else?

3. On a scale of 1-7, with one being unimportant and seven being very important, how would you rate the following antenna characteristics?

· Capabilities
· Quality
· Price
· Product Variety
· Reviews

Thanks.

I’m hoping someone will help me with some research I’m working on for my internship. I’m looking for information on a few antenna types—what they’re used for, where you buy them, that kind of thing. If you’re willing to help, do you mind taking this super quick survey[mc1] ? It doesn’t ask for any personal info., and you won’t be added to any mailing lists, I swear.

1. Do you use any of the following antenna types? If so, what do you use them for?

- Omnidirectional 450-490 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Omnidirectional Collinear 806-960 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Directional Yagi 806-960 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Directional Low-Gain Yagi 806-960 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Multidirectional Fiberglass 806-880 MHz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

- Whip 450-512Hz
Do you use [y/n]?
Application(s):

2. Do you normally purchase these antennas from a distributor, from the manufacturer, or from someone else?

3. On a scale of 1-7, with one being unimportant and seven being very important, how would you rate the following antenna characteristics?

· Capabilities
· Quality
· Price
· Product Variety
· Reviews

Thanks.
Welcome Matt!
I am currently only on 11m but I am sure some others here can assist you.
Chris

Too many questions but ive found mid price equipment works.not always the best but sufficent. Cheep stuff is,well cheep

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.