• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quiet 12V case fan????

TIN_CAN

Nov 23, 2011
Hello all, I am just looking for the most quiet 12v case fane I can find for my 2990DX, it does has the fan kit on the rear heatsink , but would like to install a fan on the top of my case to keep the driver and and the rest of the inside cool, but looking not to add much noise as I really have enough from other things....any suggestions? or can I add a resister to slow a fan dow for less noise?

Usually fan noise is caused cavitation, a result of unequal pressures by too large of a fan or too small an exhaust for air flow.

If the fan size cannot be reduced then slowing the fan is the next best option and the addition of resistor is the best option.

Make sure your resistor has adequate wattage ratings to handle the current load.

Start with a 10 ohm 10 watt to start with and if needed add another and wire wound styles are the best option.

Reactions: 1 person
take a look at the Gentle Typhoon fans... the AP-13 is almost silent and is a dual ball bearing design... incredible CFM and great static pressure... almost silent

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.