• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RADIATOR for GROUND

ray

BANNED
Jan 23, 2011
Iam still trying to ground my RIG and everything else.I live on the 3 flood and cant find a good up here. A friend of mine said that i can ground my stuff to the RADIATOR up here.I have 1 one up here that is used for heat. the pipe runs al the way down to the stove. Can i use that for my ground:confused:??I hope i spelled everything aii right cant find my glasses again:unsure: 73s. RAY.;)

You might end up transmitting through the pipes into your neighbor's apartments.
If you do get some complaints after you hook it up to the radiator; then you will know what the cause is.

Let us know . . .

GROUNDING

I rent the 3rd floor of my family. Iam getting some sand paper to take all the paint off a good spot.Any ideas on what to use to get a good ground. Like clamps. wire. good ends for grounding. NEED SOME IDEAS FOR THIS. Iknow you guys can come up with some.DONT LET ME DOWN.:confused: 73s. RAY:censored::headbang:pop:

Why are you insisting on obtaining this grounding? Heard that it needs to be done? If your station is on the air now....you are seeing that it is working without it.

Iam still trying to ground my RIG and everything else.I live on the 3 flood and cant find a good up here. A friend of mine said that i can ground my stuff to the RADIATOR up here.I have 1 one up here that is used for heat. the pipe runs al the way down to the stove. Can i use that for my ground:confused:??I hope i spelled everything aii right cant find my glasses again:unsure: 73s. RAY.;)

Just unplug your radio including the coax when storms approach.
No real need to ground unless you're seeing a static discharge while operating the rig.

I have to go along with 'Wire Weasel' and ask why you insist on having a 'ground'? I'm assuming this is to be a safety ground and not part of your antenna system. A steam radiator systme is one fairly good source for a safety ground, and your electrical wiring's 'third pole' is too, if there is one.
Most commercially sold antennas may specify a safety ground, but none I'm aware of need an RF ground.
- 'Doc

Safety in reference to what exactly?

A safety ground is a ground used to ensure that equipment chassis do not carry a voltage potential on them. IOW they keep you from being electrocuted. Only in very rare circumstances, and usually only with old equipment that has a simple two wire AC cord, do you need a safety ground. A lightning ground is a different matter altogether but disconnecting the coax is a simple and cheap solution.

A safety ground is a ground used to ensure that equipment chassis do not carry a voltage potential on them. IOW they keep you from being electrocuted. Only in very rare circumstances, and usually only with old equipment that has a simple two wire AC cord, do you need a safety ground. A lightning ground is a different matter altogether but disconnecting the coax is a simple and cheap solution.

But but but....I was asking Ray :whistle:

I have to go along with 'Wire Weasel' and ask why you insist on having a 'ground'? I'm assuming this is to be a safety ground and not part of your antenna system. A steam radiator systme is one fairly good source for a safety ground, and your electrical wiring's 'third pole' is too, if there is one.
Most commercially sold antennas may specify a safety ground, but none I'm aware of need an RF ground.
- 'Doc

Grounding to a steam/hot water radiator will make the signal hot.

GROUNDING

A friend of mine works setting up those SAT. for tvs.I gave him a call he came by and fixed everything:D.How i dont have a care in the world. Price for about 2 hours 0. Not bad.(y):whistle:;):cool: 73s. RAY 713 COATHANGER N.E P.A.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.