• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

radio shack trc 485

johne2hotty

Nov 11, 2009
i have a radio shack trc485 it has alot of channels in it they all rx but it wont tx on most of them it works great the first over 40 over ch.40 but the tx isnt there for any of the others it also goes below ch 1 rx but no tx does anyone know what i can do to make it work thanks in advance

Those were extremely finicky radios as far as modifications go. Did you do the mods? Or do you know what mod was used for the channels?

trc 485

i didnt do the mods somone else did i was told there was a vco mod to spread the band this is what im being told so i figureed id check around to see what can be done like i said it works over 40 for the first 40 on rx tx the rest of the channels rx but dont tx?

So it basically does nothing when keyed in its dead area? No power out on radio meter or sepearte meter?

trc 485

no sir none at all i know there is rx above & below is i have a ht that has channels & i key it up & it rec. it

For the longest time the standing rule was they had an FCC friendly chip that you could not mod for channels. The only way was to swap out the whole chip.

There have been other threads on this matter and recently claims were made that there was now a mod to get channels. You will have to do a search here and try to find the old threads.

My guess is either the mod does not work or it was done wrong on your radio.

trc 485

thank you very much i got the mod next question is ive been told that there is a vco mod for the trc485 anyone know what it is thank you in advance

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.