• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Shop Legit?

start typing!

Although I belong to a few forums I very rarely visit them, no need as long as this place is around but this sounds like a story that needs told.

PM sent. My reference does not warrant any further public discussion. You will see that it is old news when you read my PM.

It's been told a bunch of times ... let it go.

Now I'm curious, is it the one that has "mauldroppers"?

BTW I don't think anyone owned Tommy2watt, and why isn't this stuff discussed at CBRetards.com?

When I was at the old "1 stop electronics" forum, there was some sort of beef over Skryker radios.....

and why is there so many scumbags to rip you off on CB equipment!

It's funny this topic came back up to the top as I had someone ask me yesterday about which shops to buy from and I told them....while I don't always judge a book by the cover....when buying from websites it's usually better to buy from someone who "looks" more legit.

Some of those CB websites looks like they let their kids design them and although they may be a okay shop I usually tell people to buy from a site that actually put some time or money into their website.

Same reason you don't buy from from people on ebay with low ratings :)

Just searching on line you can look at places like - Walcott, Right Channel Radios, Bestcbradioshop, CBRadiosplus and tell they spent at least some money to have someone build them a shopping cart system.

If you look at sites like pacetronics, bells, peanuts, or wearecb you just don't get the same professional feeling.

Now that isn't to say you can't get good service from someone that doesn't have a nice website, but I definitely think twice if things don't LOOK right to start with.

As for amplifiers - buying online can be risky as it is. I almost prefer to buy used from people on forums like this one.

This is a case of Mail Fraud. You have to watch this guy. From our initial conversation, he knew I would be buying a lot of CB Radio Gear. At first, he shared information and gained my confidence.Then I went to purchase some things from him.I found his request to send ONLY Postal Money Orders smaller than a certain amount rather odd. I later realized this is how he keeps from getting nailed due to the money being over a certain dollar figure.I purchased several items over a period of a few weeks. The items I ordered turned out to be out of stock. OK, fair enough I said. Stupid me orders more products.Finally, after many weeks ... months even ... I pushed him for some answers. He sent me a few dusty items where the packaging had yellowed with age. They looked like they have been lying in the back of a warehouse since the 70's.Eventually, he stopped shipping and stopped taking my calls. He screens his calls with caller ID and you MUST unblock your number or the call will not go through. I had others call him and they got through ... but he just told them to have me call hung up on them. Of course, I called right after and he would not take the calls.This shop is a Rip-Off. Jack Thurston, the owner, is a rip-off artist. I have no recourse it seems. I have files Mail Fraud Charges ... but nothing ever came of it. I also tried posting in the World Wide Radio Forum, where I found this guy to se if they could help. They just delete my posts and block my access when I ask for help there. It would appear that the World Wide Radio Forum is just as suspect when it come to supporting these rip-off artists.Do not do business with Jack Thurston or the 292 Radio Shop or his other company Fire Communications. Also, be VERY careful with respect to the folks you find in the Worldwide Radio Forum. This guy came recommended by the people in that forum.Richard New Hyde Park, New YorkU.S.A.

So I take it Fire was a well respected guru at this forum?

..and CBradiomagazine.com, I can't wait for the review of the Maco V-Quad!

So I take it Fire was a well respected guru at this forum?

..and CBradiomagazine.com, I can't wait for the review of the Maco V-Quad!

I just read that, I wish I knew who posted that because I do not think we covered for fire? But hey, you guys are search gurus here, if we did, you guys will have a link :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.