• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio wanted for camping

If you know of anyone looking for a TS-50 and matching AT-50 Auto Tuner I have one its was my wifes rig that she no longer uses

do u still have the kenwood ts 50 ???
Yes I still have it people want it but everyone wants me to wait till tax time and I said first come first serve. Ive owned this radio for about 10 years its an outstanding radio and was my wifes HF rig this was her Movie Star radio as he called it because all the guys on the band said she sounded like a movie star on this radio LOL!! Ill tell you Im a Yaesu guy but also like my Kenwoods and will honestly say that this is by far the best mobile setup Ive ever owned or operated they sound great and have outstanding receive and easy to use and that's why my wife went back to the TS-50 over the Yaesu 857D. I wasn't in a hurry to sell this rig as its a great radio and one of my favorites but I don't frive due to eye disease after a battle with Cancer so this radio pretty much just sits otherthan a few hours a month I try to run it so its not sitting.

I know this is gonna be one of those radios that I oneday regret letting go if it sells because I wanted one for years and finally found one with matching tuner and owners manuals but I have so many radios and leaving them sit isn't the best thing for them. I was in no hurry to sell it and if I was it would have gone to Ebay as I had posted it one time on another Amateur Radio site but had guys wanting to trade me newer rigs but theu needed work and I wasn't going to gamble on that. I was after a Yaesu FT-950 base to try out or play with but the 2 I had offered to me had an issue the same withg some other radios I had offered to me in trade and again that can be an expensive trade an cant see taking a perfectly good working setup for something that may need $$$$$ worth the work.

To be honest this TS-50 is nicer than some of the newer stuff I have played with. These TS-50 run a pair of Toshiba 2SC2879 in the PA section (Amplifier section) of these radios. Ive never had 1 problem with this radio and if it sells or trades it does if it doenst it doesn't and I alwaysknow when I plug it in its going to work and never leave me stranded. If it doesn't go Im going to use this rig for a vacation / field day portable instead of my Yaesu FT-857D as this one has and is capable of much more power output wth audio to burn. If I took it to a Hamfest it would sell but like I said Im not in dire need to sell it and just felt if someone could or would actually use it and enjoy it then it would make more sense to sell it then let it sit. My wife isn't running a radio anymore so that's why is sitting.

and the price??
Dave

Yes I still have it people want it but everyone wants me to wait till tax time and I said first come first serve. Ive owned this radio for about 10 years its an outstanding radio and was my wifes HF rig this was her Movie Star radio as he called it because all the guys on the band said she sounded like a movie star on this radio LOL!! Ill tell you Im a Yaesu guy but also like my Kenwoods and will honestly say that this is by far the best mobile setup Ive ever owned or operated they sound great and have outstanding receive and easy to use and that's why my wife went back to the TS-50 over the Yaesu 857D. I wasn't in a hurry to sell this rig as its a great radio and one of my favorites but I don't frive due to eye disease after a battle with Cancer so this radio pretty much just sits otherthan a few hours a month I try to run it so its not sitting.

I know this is gonna be one of those radios that I oneday regret letting go if it sells because I wanted one for years and finally found one with matching tuner and owners manuals but I have so many radios and leaving them sit isn't the best thing for them. I was in no hurry to sell it and if I was it would have gone to Ebay as I had posted it one time on another Amateur Radio site but had guys wanting to trade me newer rigs but theu needed work and I wasn't going to gamble on that. I was after a Yaesu FT-950 base to try out or play with but the 2 I had offered to me had an issue the same withg some other radios I had offered to me in trade and again that can be an expensive trade an cant see taking a perfectly good working setup for something that may need $$$$$ worth the work.

To be honest this TS-50 is nicer than some of the newer stuff I have played with. These TS-50 run a pair of Toshiba 2SC2879 in the PA section (Amplifier section) of these radios. Ive never had 1 problem with this radio and if it sells or trades it does if it doenst it doesn't and I alwaysknow when I plug it in its going to work and never leave me stranded. If it doesn't go Im going to use this rig for a vacation / field day portable instead of my Yaesu FT-857D as this one has and is capable of much more power output wth audio to burn. If I took it to a Hamfest it would sell but like I said Im not in dire need to sell it and just felt if someone could or would actually use it and enjoy it then it would make more sense to sell it then let it sit. My wife isn't running a radio anymore so that's why is sitting.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated