• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioactive Radios - Connex 4400 turbo

I have been researching getting my 99V back up to snuff. I have checked into Radio Active, Bobs, Clays and Custom CB. I am really torn and will be trying to get it goin over the next week. I am really greatful for this Forum as you guys have shed quite a bit of light on the subject. I think I am gonna go with Custom CB instead of the Radio Active Mods. You guys seem to speak pretty highly of Custom CB so I think that is what I am gonna do. Just got off the phone with James. Real nice guy.

Thanks
Tracy

A bible thumping preacher that builds illegal cb radio amplifiers. Awesome.

Passage: Romans 13:1-7 (ESV Bible Online)

"Romans 13:1-7
<< Romans 12 | Romans 13 | Romans 14 >>
Submission to the Authorities
13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. 7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed."

christians are like a lot of folks ......... they don't like to follow the rules when they don't benefit them or their wallet . but they will try to manipulate a situation with what they imagine/profess their imaginary friend would want to suit their wants .

a good example is you shouldn't kill someone ....... unless you deem them a savage because they dont want to believe what you do .

besides , if there was a god he wouldn't use a class C amp :D

That 'plow doesn't scour' (your 'conclusions') - Booty.
Sorry . . .

AS far as RAR goes, we had a local Ham buy a RCI-2970N2 from them. It blew up for no apparent reason within a week. He sent it back to be fixed under warranty, and they ended up charging him an additional $200. Two months later - it finally showed up. He was furious about everything RAR did with him.
I would NEVER do business with RAR.

Last edited:
The 'Preacherman' radio repair man is probably one of the most honest - if not the most honest - guy out there. Russ, a local that I've known for quite a while out here regularly sends his stuff to him for repairs and mods. His radios always are top notch - BTW. I would recommend him for repairs and mods by what I have seen and heard myself. He is also reasonably priced too.

You make the mistake of not understanding that not everybody that calls themself a Christian - is. "By their fruit you will know them". But many people make that mistake.

Last edited:
im not saying hes a dishonest guy . i just find it very amusing that his business is selling illegal equipment ...... that's clearly against the laws of the land and a sin according to the bible .

so hes honest with people .......... you just have to overlook him not honoring his devotion to his god .
it makes perfect sense now .

thanks , now let's get back on topic . (y)

im not saying hes a dishonest guy . i just find it very amusing that his business is selling illegal equipment ...... that's clearly against the laws of the land and a sin according to the bible .

so hes honest with people .......... you just have to overlook him not honoring his devotion to his god .
it makes perfect sense now .

thanks , now let's get back on topic . (y)

Been on topic.
So long as the enforcement of FCC laws are tied up in enforcing interference; then just don't create any interference. No class "C" amps; unless you are somewhere that doesn't create interference. Simple. If it would be more than that; then compliance becomes necessary. It is ultimately up to any one individual to comply to any authority - eh Booty? The person that buys the equipment is responsible to use them - Ham or non-Ham.

For example: your use/'consumption' of a certain kind of green vegetable substance would be OK in CA; but not in VA . . .

oh , i'm definitely a horrible person . no one should aspire to be like me .:D

Oh Booty is evil alright. More evil than most mere mortals will ever know.

Let me put it this way...................Darth Vader calls him "Sir"

:LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.