• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioddity qt40 (Ares 2) with amplifier

I read it. I saw nothing regarding troubleshooting. Just that your radio was replaced by Radioddity.
You are 100% correct Sir. I was wrong. I must have put it in another thread. I thought it was in this one. I tried various cords including the supplied, it refused to allow me to change the COM settings off 3 in the software no matter what I did within windows and after that initial connection I was never able to again. Just not a situation I was looking for in a brand new radio, thus it was returned but not replaced.

You are 100% correct Sir. I was wrong. I must have put it in another thread. I thought it was in this one. I tried various cords including the supplied, it refused to allow me to change the COM settings off 3 in the software no matter what I did within windows and after that initial connection I was never able to again. Just not a situation I was looking for in a brand new radio.
I am thinking your issue was PC/windows, not the radio. The software will only allow COM ports, that are seen or were seen. You were seeing COM 3, because it was seen. You should have gone into device manager, to see if the COM port was seeing the cable there, then checking the settings and driver. If the PC comport is seeing the cable, then blame the radio, but not before that.

When encountering PC to radio communications problems, I have seen bad USB ports, bad prolific drivers, incorrect COM port settings, bad cables and bad ports in the radio. The radio port is the last thing I suspect.

Reactions: Pez
I am thinking your issue was PC/windows, not the radio. The software will only allow COM ports, that are seen or were seen. You were seeing COM 3, because it was seen. You should have gone into device manager, to see if the COM port was seeing the cable there, then checking the settings and driver. If the PC comport is seeing the cable, then blame the radio, but not before that.

When encountering PC to radio communications problems, I have seen bad USB ports, bad prolific drivers, incorrect COM port settings, bad cables and bad ports in the radio. The radio port is the last thing I suspect.
No. I tried installing and running the software and connecting to the radio on no less than 5 other PCs. 6 if you count my Linux machine for giggles to see if the port would recognize. Certainly not the PCs.

Was the PC COM port seeing the cable?
As far as the software was reporting after the 1st connection no. The computer(s) were reporting the cable.
I tried for serveral hours on various machines at that point it just became a waste of time and money and it went back. I wanted to like it. I did love the DNR. Intalled and removed / resinstalled the software on many machines but it wasn't happening.

As far as the software was reporting after the 1st connection no. The computer(s) were reporting the cable.
I tried for serveral hours on various machines at that point it just became a waste of time and money and it went back. I wanted to like it. I did love the DNR. But that wasn't worth keeping something brand new that wasn't 100%.
Okay, but you are getting a replacement radio according to your post.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.