• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioddity QT40

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
Well its being returned. I messed with it for a hour or so and gave up.
The thing connected exactly once to the software.
I turned off Roger beep and lowered monitor level. Turned it off turned it on and it would never connect again. Radio itself functions fine.
Deleted and reinstalled drivers and software. Even tried my laptop just for kicks. No dice. Connectivity dead.
Since it's going back I can also say I was fairly disappointed in the quality of the radio. Unlike the previous Radioddity hand held for my mobile the QT40 did not feel anything at all but cheap.
I realise people have them and love them but comparing to say the Linclon II+ it felt extremely low end. Perhaps that's the cost of so many features for so little money. When the features refuse to work though, the draw of it declines quite a bit. I loved, and I do mean loved the DSP compared to my Prez, recieve noise level was far quieter. I wont miss anything else about it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1