• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Randy & Johnny

Slowmover

BANNED
Feb 17, 2015
Where the West Begins.
Comparable pair besides portability of Randy?

As a pair where other gear & systems work best for one condition?

— Tune up close to one another?
— Run a KL-203?
— Other?

Granted, FCC versions are AM-only.

1). Xtra small size + President quality
2). Plug into vehicle or base systems interchangeably.
3). Combined price about $260.

Someone a little new to CB could run both without confusion (is my thinking),

Where vehicle/base installations are otherwise first rate (some juice plus DSP and best antenna compromise)

Does this then cover what I might want our pastor (whomever; a leader) to be able to use? Or, this simply is what I want for my kitchen radio & car-based portable!

We know it’s the installs which matter greatest. But the factor of portable shouldn’t be overlooked (wireless mic, also), nor should brand quality and controls operation.

Gotta go somewhere and help get some work done? Take the kitchen radio into the car and set the portable for walk-around. Round up household layabouts, and proceed.

Last edited:

The expense is in the two (2) installations, mobile and base.

— May as well extend something of the same to church or community or common family buildings. Third (#3) system.

Plug in any radio

But the Randy & Johnny go to one man or family to keep operational similarity highest (with a quality brand).

Just thinking out loud, is all this thread is.

Spin the tales of fiction you want. Pay attention to stories of Sand Jawas across the paradise of highways and byways, or getting old Mrs Carter’s lumbago potion distributed in South Philly.

Transport Case from Harbor Freight would be one of the smaller for both radios.

SimonTheWizard shows a range of optional gear for the Randy. Including an desk stand charger.

Ready to roll down the porch steps into the night with Randy, Ruger, and Rover.

Johnny
on the 4-whlrs?

Another PRESIDENT out of sight near the kitchen table thru a no-expense-barred HQ speaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: r carl
Street retail, the pair, $260.

There might be a “better” pairing of radios. These two looked very close in features, thus ease of use from one to the other.

Or,

A. Base Station (Class I AC-Mains power)

B. Road Vehicle (Class II Big Alternator Mobile)

C. Utility Off Road (Class III small alternator mobile)

D. Man-Portable (120V/12V adaptors + Lithium pack).

— Plug in the PRESIDENT best suited.

Cover the range of radio types for family or other groups.

Last edited:
uhhh uhhh dang it now im lost

The Randy as a “true” portable (light, very long-lasting lithium pack) might pair well with other PRESIDENT brand radios where operational similarity is close.

A set of radios (home, vehicles, portable) where even those not interested in radio for its own sake can be expected to operate any of them successfully.

The Randy closes off the need to switch to another radio-type for GP use (full-coverage CB radio comms). Ride, walk or at home, an ideal CB unit to fit.

Citizens Band is, who is my neighbor?

This is how the Randy struck me. And it looked like the Johnny was an easy match-up per controls, etc.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.